We have too much work
Could you join Indigo Access? We are looking to expand our services, due to demand.
What do we do?
We support people like Jan. Jan told us she has difficulty hearing people with accents or who talk too fast. She is unable to see people’s faces and so cannot lip-read people. She is at risk of falling because she cannot see stairs or anticipate uneven ground. As a result she misses out on what is being said and this causes her embarrassment and she is fearful of leaving her home on her own. Jan was getting depressed by staying at home.
Indigo Access provide a specialist support worker to Jan. And now she goes shopping each week. The specialist support worker provides physical guiding; give information about what’s going on around her; repeats and rephrases communication. Jan enjoys being back in control of her daily activities.
16 – 24 hours a week (Zero hours Casual Contract)
£9.00 – £12.00 / hr
Join Indigo Access if:
- You can take on board instructions and advice about how to do this job. We provide a paid week Induction programme. You will also receive a fully supportive 6 month probation plan, with a named Supervisor. We expect to challenge your ideas about what this job is about.
- You are honest and are upfront and open. If you make a mistake we will support you to put it right. We know that as someone with little or no experience in this field you deserve time and support to develop. We offer opportunity to attain nationally recognised qualifications.
- You are able to communicate well, both verbally and electronically. Not only do we need you to be able to be clear with your customers but also with members of the company. We provide a mobile phone and lone working support to you.
- You are I.T. literate and have good time management. We do not have an office, so being able to use our computer systems remotely is important. You will have an allocated caseload and manage your diary yourself.
- You are concerned about a zero hours’ contract? We provide holiday pay, a pension scheme, mileage at 25p per mile. A DBS check is also paid for by the company.
Where do we work?
We currently work across Berkshire, in and near customer’s homes. You will be expected to travel to and from your customer’s homes. Availability to work across 5 days per week is needed to ensure maximum choice for our customers.
Indigo Access is a small company that provides a range of services to people with sensory needs to ensure they have access to information, communication and mobility.
If you are interested in working for a forward thinking company then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request a job description and an application form.